Tuesday, July 7, 2015

TV / Movies addiction - time to change

I've felt this for some time now but it became very clear to me today that I might have an addiction to watching movies - specifically watching same TV series over and over again. It gives me comfort and lifts my spirits to watch something so familiar and close to heart. I've been known to quote lines from a movie or TV series when real life reminds me of something I've seen before. I love living somebody else's life in a movie. I think I will need to change that. It takes up a lot of my time and I don't even learn anything new. It's time to change my routine and see what I can do to stop multitasking all the time - cooking and having a movie in the background, crafting and having a movie in the background, spending 2 hours of my time at the end of the day "relaxing" in front of Netflix / Youtube. I don't even own a TV - I knew a long time ago that I won't turn it off to do other things but now computers / Netflix / Youtube made it so easy to watch what I crave at the moment. And then keep going until there is no time to do anything else. So here it is - from no on when I cook, I will cook to music from my music player, when I put my daughter to sleep, I will stretch and do a little bit of yoga, before doing my chores. And I will think of a reward for spending time with real people or concentrating on one task at a time. Maybe a Candy Store visit? Hmmm, sounds pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment